Welcome to KentuckyDriversLicense.org
We are here to simplify the process of obtaining your Kentucky drivers license by providing you with up-to-date information and assisting you with all the necessary steps to getting your license as quickly as possible. We will make sure you are prepared with everything you need to know, what you need to bring, and where you need to go for all your drivers license needs.
It is against Kentucky state law to drive with an expired license. You can renew your license before your license expires. Read more
Changing Your Address on Your Kentucky Drivers License
Kentucky law requires that you update your address information as it changes. Read more
Replacing Your Kentucky Drivers License
If you are in Kentucky, may need to visit a driver license office and apply for a duplicate driver license. Read more
Getting a New Kentucky Drivers License
If you have never been issued a driver license in any state, the state of Kentucky requires that you complete a state approved Drivers Education course. Read more
Getting Your Kentucky Learner's Permit
Once you have completed state approved Kentucky Drivers Education course, all new Kentucky drivers will need to understand the laws and rules, required classes, and tests the state of Kentucky requires new drivers to take. Read more
Kentucky Driver's Ed
Kentucky state law requires that all first-time Kentucky drivers successfully complete a state approved Drivers Education course prior to applying for a driver license. Read more
Changing Your Name on Your Kentucky Drivers License
you will need to provide an acceptable document to establish your current full name. Examples include a marriage certificate, dissolution of marriage, adoption or name change document that shows your current name. Read more
Many drivers' license services may be processed online. Check out the Driver License Easy Guide™ to assist you with driver license services that may be handled online. If you have received a notification from the Kentucky DDL, check your notification to see if you are able to submit your requests online.If it is necessary for you to visit an office read these 10 helpful tips:
1. Find the closest Driver License office.
2. Confirm the office hours.
3. Appointments are available at all offices for faster service.
4. Avoid Mondays and Fridays, the best day to visit the office is mid-week.
5. Avoid the 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. hours as they tend to be busy due to the lunch break.
6. Avoid the first and last day of the month.
7. Avoid the day after a holiday.
8. Come prepared with all required documentation to complete your service.
9. Print and fill out your forms prior to visiting.
10. If you have any questions, concerns, or special circumstances contact your nearby Driver license office prior to heading over.